Friday, June 1, 2007

Elephant Ear

I had an elephant ear tonight for the first time in probably 10 years. I forgot how good they are! Abby, Beth and I went to the Edmonds Waterfront Festival. I've never been before, so I decided to go this year. It was ok....the booths were pretty much all the same (did you know there are a millions window companies in Edmonds?), the food was diverse and smelled good, the beer garden was full of drunk people (and one particular white man who danced in a kind of disturbing way).

The best part was the troop of belly dancers that performed. They were pretty good, although there was this one dancer who was a tall stick. She literally was like an "I". She'd shimmy her hips and it was an all over body tremble. She'd undulate and it looked like a fish trying to swim upstream. It was worse watching her than the overweight woman who was dancing (at least she had curves!). They all seemed to enjoy themselves, so that is really all that matters, but it was still kind of funny.

Anyway, very fun, sort of worth the $3, would probably go again next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really? You'd go again? I will just wait the 3 weeks and go to the Edmonds Art Festival for free! It's WAY bigger, better and funner! Except that we did make some good memories. Oh fish girl, why can't you dance better?