Monday, June 4, 2007

Steak

I had me the biggest craving for steak today...it was awful! As many of you know, I'm not a big meat person at all. I would choose just about any other food over meat. I'm wondering if my iron level is low or something, or I'm deficient in some other mineral. Anyway, I had to have steak, today!

I ended up going to the Keg and got a very nice 9 oz piece of steak, of which I ate half. The other half is for lunch tomorrow, along with the left over garlic mashed potatoes. I feel much better now, and the craving seems to be gone for the moment.

Tomorrow night I am taking a refresher course for my CPR. My certification lapsed a year ago, and if I want to work in the hospital, I need to be current. Its probably a good thing to be current in anyway, especially since I thought a woman was going to code on the exam table the other day. Long story that isn't proper to post here, so ask me about it next time I see you. I also expect the course to be boring, and it pretty much is, but the teacher knows it too. They schedule it for 4 hours, but we are usually out of there in under 2 as the teacher has no desire to be teaching a class from 6-10pm on a Tuesday night.....going to miss Deadliest Catch :-(

I still haven't heard back from Stevens. I'm going to give it to Thursday or Friday and then inquire as to the status of my application. I'm REALLY hoping it works out, but if not, I'll probably go to Evergreen. I just really wanted to be somewhere different, with less deliveries, and a bad reputation I can try and make better :-)

Well, its now an hour past my bedtime, which means 30 min less reading for me :-( I'm finishing up a great Star Wars book....Dark Lord : The Rise of Dark Vader. It chronicles some of the early period following Episode 3. It also give an awesome look at what is underneath Vader's suit...very cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot eat leftover steak. Or pretty much any meat for that matter. Ewwww. We're so spoiled aren't we?
What's under Vader's suit? Wasn't it just half rotten flesh?