Friday, June 15, 2007

Combination

So this is a combination post from the last few days.

6/12/07

Just found out that my costuming groups was cut from the Torchlight parade. We had originally be accepted and we had turned in our entrance fee. Then our CO got a letter saying that they were sorry for the confusion, but they were cutting us because we had been in the parade two years in a row and there are other groups who want a spot. I would have understood it if they had just said no right off the bat, but to go almost 2 months after accepting us and then say no....after accepting our money, that is just stupid. We were really bummed as this is a big parade for us and its the 30th anniversary this year. We are doing other parades, but this is definitely a highlight.

6/13/07

Went out for coffee with the girls and Philip. We hadn't seen him in almost 2 months, so it was nice to catch up. Having serious bouts of loneliness lately....it is tough being single...especially during wedding season. I have two weddings to go to this summer, and while I'm happy for the couples, it just makes me jealous. I know, I know...God has it all in control and I just need to trust Him..... I hate hearing that, despite its truth, especially since its almost always said by those who are married! Do you ever hear a single person saying that??? Never! And if they do, they are lying...they are having the same doubts in God as the rest of us.

6/14/07

Thinking about taking some tennis lessons. I enjoy playing, but I don't understand the rules, and have no form. I think I'm going to look into it.....

Need a haircut something awful, but the person I want to go to is out in Snohomish. No one gives a haircut like a gay man....they just know how to make it look good! I should call and see if he has any Saturday appointments.

6/15/07

I am a controlling, bossy person. We are going to be opening an annex office in the next few months and the space needs to be stocked, organized, and put together. I've decided to take this on, mostly because I don't want it to be a group effort, too many cooks in the kitchen! A couple of my co-workers have to argue and discuss to death any decision , including where the garbage can should sit in the exam room. Uggh...I am NOT organizing an office with them, I refuse. What I really need is three full days in a row where I don't have to worry about phone calls, patients, or people needing my help. Three days and I can have that office operational....I'm sure of it! So, the controlling personality has come right to the top.....and bossy side is also rearing its head per my co-nurse. I apologized for bossing her around and asked her to call me on it. She is my equal and I have no right to boss her around.

1 comment:

Jill aka neeuqpmats said...

comment on your 6/13/07 post:

Amen sister single friend. I will not say those words to you ever. I too am feeling the angst of being single still. Still trusting that I am not in the right place for a man, but still hoping that it will happen soon. I am glad that so far I don't have any weddings to attend this year. However I am sure one will come up eventually. Sigh.