Tuesday, June 5, 2007

CPR

I took a CPR class tonight as my card had expired a year ago. It was nice to have the refresher, and its even better to take it with other health care providers as it goes real quick. The class was to be from 6-10, but we got out at 8:30. Now I am certified for another 2 years (or longer if I let it lapse again).

It looks like we may be hiring another nurse and a MA at our office. We are adding another Dr in September, so Dr W and her will share the nurse (for triage, procedures, etc), and each have an MA to do the rooming of pts, and the less important stuff. I'm a little concerned how Dr W's current MA will take being demoted. She has been practicing way out of her scope for a long time, feels like she is the queen bee, and does pretty much whatever she wants. Hopefully, they will both have strong personalities and can put her in her rightful place (which is the bottom of the seniority totem pole). Nothing worse than an uppity MA who thinks she is the same as a nurse (she actually calls herself a nurse to her patients). I always refer to her as an MA and make sure I say it loud and often, as she obviously needs to be reminded. I worked very hard, and had a lot of schooling to have the right to call myself a nurse, and I'm not about to share that with someone who may have a lot of experience, but only took a 3 month class to get her certification.

No comments: