Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sad

I am sad at the state our world is in. When 12 year old babies are having sex and getting pregnant, something is wrong with the world. Our new patient who is 12 came in today for an ultrasound a check with the Dr. I think we were all really hoping two things, 1) that she was seriously going to consider adoption, and 2) that it had been a case of rape instead of something consensual. We were unlucky on both counts. The father of the baby is apparently 3-4 times her age and her grandmother got him put in jail for statutory rape; it was totally consensual. She also firmly wants to keep the baby....so sad. It makes me want to go and steal the baby while she is in the hospital, just to keep it safe and give it a good life. *sigh* Its just plain sad, very, very sad. It makes my head hurt, so I am going to bed.

No comments: