Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Poor Dr D

So I told my Dr today that I had applied for a per-diem position at Stevens....she just about died because she thought I was leaving. I realized after that I could have asked for just about anything at that moment and she would have given it to me without reservation. Its kind of scary to have that kind of power! She started asking if I wasn't getting paid enough or needed more time off. Once I calmed her down and explained my reasoning, she felt much better.....poor Dr. D, I really scared her.

For those who aren't aware of my reasoning for going insane and working more, there are three main reasons:

1) I'm probably going to need a new car sooner than later, and an extra job would allow me to funnel larger amounts of money into that fund.

2) Once you've been out of the hospital 3 years or more, you are required to take a refresher class before you can work in one again....it will be 3 years in October and I REALLY don't want to take a refresher class.

3) I'm getting bored with my job and needing a change. This allows me to get some change without sacrificing my good, stable position.

No comments: