Saturday, May 19, 2007

Campfire smell

I've decided that campfire smell is pretty cool. Its amazing what a few logs and a flame can do for a persons spirit.

My sister's graduation party was today and we had a camping theme, campfire included. Decent turnout, although not as many as my mom had planned on. It was good just to spend time with family and enjoy the weird (sunny/windy/cloudy) weather.

I also watched Marie Antoinette tonight. Its a good movie and an interesting look into life during the time of big hair, powdered wigs, and men acting like women. It makes me want to learn more about her, as the movie probably isn't completely accurate (it IS a movie after all).

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Its funny how different our tastes in movies are. I hated the movie!

I had just read a recounting of her life prior to the movie and so the inaccuracies were really irritating. I also didn't like the 80's feel that was in the movie. Did you see the part where they show her trying on sneakers?

I wish someone would make an serious film about her life because its so interesting.

(by the way, she never said, "Let them eat cake!")

Oh, and I smell like a campground today.... I call it Eau du Woodsmoke