Friday, May 25, 2007

Tired






Well, my new visor worked fairly well. I only sweated out 1L of fluid as opposed to 5L, so I count that a success! Seriously, if there is a nice breeze, its not too bad. The real test will be tomorrow when I'm out walking in the sun.

The couple tonight did a pretty decent job on the costumes. The bride was Padme, the groom Anakin, the bridesmaids were Handmaidens, the groomsmen were Jedi, and the flower girls were junior Handmaidens. Some of the other guests were also dressed in costume. None of the costumes would have made it into the 501st or Rebel Legion, but over all not

bad.
I managed to get my lines off with only two mishaps. I said "royal scum" instead of "rebel scum" and then I messed up their last name slightly. I'm hoping that no one really noticed as my speaker system isn't great and I had the mic literally in my mouth. I was hoping to practice a few times after I was in gear to check volume levels and such, but after arriving 20 min early, I realized that I had left my outer robe in the dryer(where it was de-wrinkling), so I had to drive home and back, which only gave me 5 min to get dressed and have them tell me their name. Ahh well, it still was fun.

Jill, here are some old pictures of my Royal Guard costume. Don't have any from the wedding reception yet.






1 comment:

Jill aka neeuqpmats said...

Fantastic!! thanks for sharing the pics!!