Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Stupid Questions Pregnant Women Ask

Forgive me if you have heard me complain about these before....

- Can I paint my toenails?
- Can I drive a car?
- Can I open a door?
- Can I go up stairs?
- If I drink Ovaltine (substitute in any dark food/beverage), will my child have dark skin?
- Will the jewels on my belly button piercing bother my baby (ie unborn child)?
- I have an awful headache, what can I take? Me: Tylenol. Pt: Oh no, I don't want to take any medication because it might hurt my baby.
- Aren't water births better for the baby....so they can breath? Me: Excuse me? Pt: Don't they need the water to go through the gills so they can breath?


Ok....I know there are more, but these are the only ones off the top of my head at the moment. I really need to write these down so I can put them in my book.

Work today was boring. Dr D's surgeries were delayed 90+min, which means she didn't get back into the office until 2:30. We had to reschedule the 1:00, 1:30's, and the 2:00 patients. Thankfully, we were able to shuffle some of them to the nurse practitioners schedule tomorrow. I don't know where we would have put them in, we are just way to full. Since we didn't have patients until later in the afternoon, Dorothy and I were bored out of our minds. I must have shuffled the same papers 20 times. I should enjoy it, considering we have 30+ patients Wed and Thurs, which is our standard for those days.

My Star Wars group, Garrison Titan (bad guys) will be mingling at a wedding reception the Friday before Memorial Day. They were hoping for a Vader, but he is going to be at Celebration IV, which is the HUGE Star Wars convention in LA *sigh, I wish I was going*

It seems that since Vader won't be in attendance, the next highest ranking Imperial gets to announce the couple at the reception, guess who that is......yep, me. My Royal Guard trumps the troopers ( I do guard the Emperor after all).

I've been practicing my speech......"Loyal servants of the Empire and Rebel Scum, on behalf of the Emperor, Garrison Titan would like to announce Mr and Mrs.___________. Long live the Empire!"

The only downside is that my speaker system has the speaker at about chest level, which is where I'm going to hold the mic. My chest will be doing the talking :-)

3 comments:

Marin said...

I was very glad to note that I have never asked any of those questions!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think the "gills" lady needs to go back to school before she's allowed to give birth to that baby. 8-) That's just scary.

Anonymous said...

I wish I still had my gills from birth. Sigh. . .