Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Guy

So a bit more on this guy...for those whom my mom hasn't already filled in.

His name is Shawn, he's 32, divorced, has a 2 year old son name Thor that lives with him full time. We haven't met yet, just e-mailing. He says he's a Christian and goes to church when his work schedule allows. He works as a medical assistant at the UW ER, and is planning on applying for physician assistant school or nursing school. Used to be in the Air Force as a flight medic/critical care tech. Is on good terms with his ex, who recently moved to Chicago for a job. They got divorced because "they just didn't get along and his wife declined counseling".

Top three things I have issues with....

1) Not sure how solid of a Christian he is. Has me a bit concerned.
2) The reason behind the divorce....kind of a lame reason if you ask me. There is always 2 sides to any story, and I'm interested in finding out more.
3) The fact that he wants to go back to school.

Top three things I don't have issues with....
1) His son...I love kids.
2) His age...32 is still very young, and I will remind my readers that I am 27, which is ancient.
3) The fact that we haven't met yet....we've only been "talking" for a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, you just never know! I'm curious to see how it all goes.