Friday, October 10, 2008

My wild, passionate love affair

Tricked you.....you thought I was talking about a guy, didn't you? Read on...

I went to TjMaxx today, a place I rarely visit, as in never! I'm looking for a shirt to go with this cute skirt I bought and I as I drove by, I figured why not stop in for a look. Well, I found a shirt that should work as well as two other cute ones...and then I noticed all the bedding on sale. I needed a new set of sheets, so I meandered over there. The quality of these sheets are amazing! 300, 310, 400, 600 (!!!!!) count sheets for $29-59! Not just one sheet, but they whole shebang (fitted, flat, 2 cases)! I found a 400 count set that looked nice and felt, well, like I'd imagine our beds in heaven will feel like, should we have beds.

I continued to meander and went over to the sale table where I can get an additional 25% off already reduced items. Nothing much of interest....until.....on the edge, tucked under some towels, was this gentle purple (I hope you know what I mean by that) that caught my eye. I had to find out what this color belonged to as it was heaven! After lifting away the towels, I gasped....a 400 count sheet/duvet set (flat, fitted, 2 cases, duvet cover, and 2 shams!!!) reducded to $58 dollars plus an additional 25% off!!!! I unzipped the corner and reached my finger in to feel the material. It was as soft as a baby's bottom! I prayed, "Lord, I know you don't encourage us to steal, and I plan on paying for this, but at this price I feel like I'm stealing from this store. Forgive me, Amen"

Anyway, I wandered up front to the cashier, sure that when she scanned it I would be informed that this wasn't really on sale and I would have to pay the full price, $225! I held my breath, and it rang up at $43.50! I dashed to my car, screeched into my parking spot and sprinted into the house as I was ripping open the package. Everything was shoved into the washer and it was started, the whole while I was mentally calculating if I could get it washed, line dried and on my bed before I had to leave for work in 3 1/2 hours. I'm not sure, but by all that is holy, I am going to try. They could try and kill me tonight at work, and I won't care as long as I can come home and sleep on these sheets!

Thanks for listening to my story about my love affair with these sheets. It just proves it doesn't take much to make me happy.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Heh, I feel the same way about sheets. I hope they are everything you dreamed they would be!