Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whosits and Whatsits

Oh, where to begin.....

Last Friday I joined my sisters, mom, and chiblings at the Children's Museum in Everett. What a magical and lovely place (I know Kris...only if you haven't been there a bazillion times). It's how I remember the Seattle Children's Museum being when I was younger. Ahhh....the memories of "working" in the grocery store, the restaurant, the telephone operator booth, the bank...they all stay with you, even at my old age. Anywhoo....it was really fun, and I got to hold Elsa a lot, which made me happy. She always looks at me with this curious "who are you and why are you holding me" look, and then breaks into an Elsa smile that just melts your heart and makes your uterus do flip flops. Here are some pictures:



As of late I have been on a Patrick McManus book kick. If you have never read any of Patrick McManus's books, I highly recommend them. He is, by far, the best outdoor humor writer of all times. Growing up, my dad had several of his books, and I remember reading them and laughing so hard tears were running down my face. Not much has change, I was laughing so hard at work (tears and all) that one of my coworkers came in to see if I was ok. I read her the portion I found hilariously funny and she just gave me this "Becki is a weirdo" look. I think it has to do with the fact that she lives in downtown Seattle and has never been camping. How else can you explain her not laughing about your tent attacking you in the middle of the night after hearing a "bear" outside? With titles such as : Real Ponies Don't Go Oink, Rubber Legs and White Tail-Hairs, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, and They Shoot Canoes, Don't They...how can you go wrong! Check them out from the library and be prepared to laugh until you cry (unless you are cold and heartless, live in the downtown of a major city, and have never been camping).

I also want to encourage you to check out the sermon series my church is doing. It's on the Song of Solomon and is called The Peasant Princess. It is amazing and has fabulous teaching and information for singles, young married, old married, and anyone not in those categories. You can watch the sermon or download the audio from www.marshillchurch.org. I highly, HIGHLY recommend taking a peak.

Well, I'm off to go clean my bathroom. Until next time....

1 comment:

Tim and Holly said...

I LOVE McManus books! I definitely agree with you that everyone who has ever gone camping should read them. :)