Sunday, March 1, 2009

TGIF

TGIF folks, TGIF! I had a big test at school today and got a 79%, which is about right for me. I did real good on some parts and then awful on others. We have moved on to some easier things, for which I am most thankful.

I was awakened this morning to the sounds of a mariachi band playing in the living room right out side of my bedroom. Quite the way to wake up. I'm trying to get pictures and some video up, but my computer isn't cooperating this morning. I will try again later.

For those who have been wondering what my days have been looking like this week, here it goes:

6:30 wake up and shower
7:15 breakfast (fruit, juice, bread, and runny eggs *gag*)
7:30 leave for school, where I pass a beautiful old church, of which I don't know the name.
7:40 get to school early for 2 reasons 1)check my email and 2) I am an overachiever who must arrive early
8:00 classes start
9:00 2 minute coffee/tea break
10:00 Morning break where I check email, read blogs, visit with other students
10:30 classes start again
11:00 ready for classes to be over as my brain is full
12:00 classes end.
12:10 colapse on my bed and rest until lunch
1:00 lunch which is usually soup, meat, beans, and tortilla
1:30 take a nap
2:30 study before I forget everything I learned that morning
3:30-4:00 read
4:00ish go for a walk around town
Wednesday only (leave for church) at 6:00
7:00 dinner is usually beans, tortilla, tamales or some other meat
7:30 read
8:00 start a movie on my laptop
8:45 fall asleep during the movie
9:30 wake up and actually go to bed

That is my day...boring so far. Hopefully, it will be more interesting after I change houses and get more involved in the church. I actually just heard from the office that I will be moving tomorrow instead of Sundaym which actually is nice as it will give me something to do tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In some ways it doesn't really seem that different from home! On the other hand, you are in Central America...Guatemala. You wake up to Mariachi bands outside your window...for goodness sake.
How did the Bible study go?

Michelle said...

Write a novel in your free time, imo.

Or a poem.

Or sleep.

Or, um. Or. Go enjoy some seriously local cuisine.

Actually, don't do the latter. I want you coming back alive, or at least, half-alive. XD

Grin your teeth and bear it! Think of all the fun things you'll be able to show/tell/speak to us when you get back!

Proud of you!

Love,
M

Anonymous said...

On the chance of sounding like a broken record, don't come home before you planned to. It sounds from this end that things are looking up already. It's wonderful that you are able to move into the place you originally asked for. You're going to be working with children, which you're so good at. You have a church to attend and know someone who speaks english. AND you have awakened to a Mariachi band playing outside your window! Who of us can claim that? Keep building memories, dear granddaughter....
Love, Grammy