Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Home

I have for sure decided to come home early from Guatemala. I am soooo homesick despite my best efforts. I have learned a bit more Spanish, as well as some phrases I'll need for work. Not as much as I have hoped, but I struggle so much with languages, I am impressed with what I've learned so far.

Anyway, I changed my flight to the 17th. Not sure of the times yet, I'm still waiting to hear back from the travel agent.

I decided to make a trip up to Tikal with some people from my school this weekend. Its rather a whirlwind trip as we leave at 4am Saturday morning, stop at a couple of places on the way to Tikal, spend the night, and then come back the next day, stopping at a few more places before arriving in Antigua at 9:30 pm. Maybe not as long and relaxing as I would want, but it fits in my timeline.

I'll take lots of pictures of Tikal and will share them when I get back. Its too hard to upload photos here, as even with DSL, its SLOW.

For those people who feel I might be missing out by leaving early...I appreciate your concern, but I honestly feel like its a the right thing to do. I've stretched, done what I need to do, and I am ready to come back home. I have no regrets about leaving early, just excitement to be back home.

1 comment:

Matt said...

we're excited to have you back soon, Becki! i totally understand the coming home early thing; i did the same thing for my flight when i left germany and came home like a week early. sometimes it's just time to go home.