Monday, September 15, 2008

Star Wars Dreams and the Puyallup Fair

Have I told ya'll about the Star Wars dreams I randomly have about my friends? If not, I do have random SW (star wars) dreams in which my friends become characters...its a sign that you are a good friend. Anyhoo, has I have a SW dream in which a friend in present, I go and get them a figurine of their character...to mark the momentous occasion.

Well, I finally had a dream in which my friend Ben (Rachel's brother, for those of you who know Rachel) appeared. He is officially known as Clone Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi. I gave him his character on Sunday and he promptly used his Force powers to find me some Otter Pops (the push up sugar water popcicles).

I had been unable to find them in several stores, and after mentioning this on Sunday, he was adamant that they were at QFC (the one by my house, where I went, did not have them). So apparently after dropping us off at the girl's house on Sunday, he drove to another QFC, found them, and then drove them back to the cabin (which I had left only 5 minutes prior), where he left them in the freezer with the following message : I used my Obi-Wan Jedi powers to find these (or something along that line). After getting back from church that night (which I chuckled through because of the message), I left him the following voice message :Master Obi-Wan, your power in the Force is quite impressive. The Otter Pops will be enjoyed for many planetary rotations.

I don't know why I shared this story, you really would have had to have been there, but it reminded me of 3 things: 1) I'm blessed to have such good friends, 2) Otter pops are so good, and 3) Ben does not like to be wrong.

On other news, I just got back from doing the Puyallup Fair. I haven't been to a fair in probably 10 years and I now remember why. It was hot, crowded, and boring. I swear the craft exhibits and animals were just as I remembered the last time I was at the fair, nothing has changed, except the price! I went with Beth, which made it fun, so I don't regret it. I'm now good for another 10 years. I also don't like how the Puyallup is set up in comparison to the Evergreen State Fair. The craft and animals barns at the Evergreen are nice and lined up and flow pretty well. To contrast that, the Puyallup is all over the place! There is a craft barn next to the cows, which is in the middle of the food booths, which is next to the rides, which is next to the rabbits and birds...???? Random! Out of courtesy for the fair gods, I ate a corn dog and had a elephant ear, both of which were less than stellar. Then at the bathroom stop on the way to the car, some wonderful person decided to smoke in the stall next to me! I ended up with a massive headache, which is still lingering. Yuck, I hate smoke!

No comments: