Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Has it really been that long????!!!!!!

Wow, I can't believe my last post was in April! Crazy!

Well, you readers (the few that there are) are in for special treat. Hmmm, maybe "special" and "treat" aren't the right words. Perhaps some other words should be used, but I'm not sure exactly which ones fit. Anyway, here is the scoop....my spiritual life is like a puddle, or collection of water that is not moving....its stagnant, gross, and filled with mosquito larva. I have put so many other things in front of God that I have to wander around that special room in my heart and still have no clue where He is at (think room of requirements full of trash that students have hid and you are searching for the diadem of Ravenclaw, for you HP fans out there).

So I have pulled out a book from my collection called Authentic Beauty: the Shaping of a Set-Apart Young Woman by Leslie Ludy. Now, I am no longer a "young woman", but it still applies to women of ANY age. Anyway, this book is super convicting and I have cried many a tear while reading through the first few chapters. One of the tools she gives is a long set of questions to use when cleaning your heart room. These questions cover just about any type of sin you can imagine and while going through it, it brings up even more sins! She also gives 5 steps in dealing with that specific sin. Good stuff! Tough stuff! Healing stuff!

So, starting tonight, I have begun going through the list of questions, repenting, asking forgiveness, and takin out the trash. I've worked through the first 10 questions and still have a long way to go, but it feels good. Painful, very painful, but good.

I plan (plan being the key word) on posting updates, thoughts, struggles, etc. as I go through this process. Some of it is for my benefit, to get things out on paper (or the modern day equivalent), and some of it is for your benefit, so you can maybe be convicted about areas in your own life, or you can see areas where I need to be held accountable (feel free to call me out on things!).

I hope this will be a time of cleansing, healing, and growth....and that the mosquito larva will be taken care of, cause they are gross!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Refreshing, re..fresh. It is so easy to make a stagnant pool of our relationship with Him. Fresh water in, putrid water out. Your journey encourages me to pay attention...not just swat at those pesky hatching mosquitoes.

Lindy said...

This is exciting. Thank you for being willing to take us along on bits of this journey with you. It encourages me and inspires me. I'll be praying along with you. :)

DARALYN said...

I will be reading: to know you more deeply and to myself, too.

Anonymous said...

You're an inspiration, Becki. I'm so looking forward to your upcoming blogs.
Love, Grammy