Monday, January 5, 2009

Birthday Musings

Today is my Birthday...I am *gasp* 29! I certainly don't feel 29 - I feel more like 22. I realized that 10 years ago, yes 10, I was halfway done with my first year of nursing school..CRAZY!

I actually don't have a whole lot to say. Not much I can do about getting a year older, nor would I really change it and try to stay young forever. Aging is a normal and healthy part of life.

On a fun note..I get a card from my insurance agent every year that has the highlights from the year you were born. I got a kick out of some of them and decided to share them with you.

In 1980:

-The US boycotted the Olympics in Moscow to protest the invasion of Afghanistan.
- Mt St Helens erupted
- John Lennon was killed
- The top movie was The Empire Strikes Back (perfect, don't you think)
- A gallon of gas cost $1.19
- Bread cost $0.51
- A gallon of milk cost $2.08
- First class stamp cost $0.15

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to youuuu.
Happy Birthday to youuuu.
Happy Birthday dear Beckiii.
Happy Birthday to youuuu.
- Sung in falsetto by Mom and Jenni