Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camping Trip to Camano Island

Back in July, my friends Abby and Beth and I went camping at Camano Island State Park. The campground was very nice, the beach was very rocky and a loooonnngggg hike from the campground (it actually was just steep, not long). Abby and I came over on Friday and then Beth came Saturday night. The weather held until Sunday morning when it poured. We managed to pack up the camp (everything except the tents was put in the car the night before in anticipation of rain, this is Washington after all), in just under 30 minutes. Then we went to some cafe for lunch where I had the biggest club sandwich ever...I mean EVER! It was about 8 inches tall (ask the girls if you don't believe me) and I was only able to eat one fourth of it. I wish I had gotten a picture of this sandwich, just so people would believe me. Anyway, here are some pictures from our trip.


An early version of the headlamp.

I was trying to look coy, but instead I managed to look very evil, especially since my black coat blended in with the night. Scary!











I'm king of the world! It was really windy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I about fell over in my chair laughing so hard at that lantern on your forehead! Good one. I put it on my desktop to enjoy.

The picture of your head suspended in darkness IS SPOOKY! I was going to put this one on my desktop first, but it just freaked Jenni and I out...so no.

Looks like you guys had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Well, I put the picture of your suspended head on my family screen saver. I like it because it shows your sweet features. Looks like you had a fun time without having to travel forever.
Love, Grammy

Bethany said...

Well, if I had a desktop OR a screensaver, that creepy picture would have made both!