Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Good Job!

I just wanted to share two "good job" moments I had this week. This has been my first week on the weight watchers eating plan, and I had to face two big challenges. 1) We had a drug rep bring us Mexican food....which I love and could eat for every meal, every day and never get tired of it. 2) I went out to eat with friends to the Old Spaghetti Factory.

I made a very modified taco salad of the Mexican food, stayed away from the chips/salsa, and didn't eat any of the cookies.

And tonight I made it through the Spaghetti Factory with good choices. I ate the salad with the nummy creamy pesto, but only dipped my fork in the dressing for each bite (which only used a 1/4 of the total dressing they brought), had 1 piece of bread, and ate half a serving of plain spaghetti with tomato sauce (and choose the whole wheat pasta). I did splurge and eat the ice cream, but I was still within my points for the day because of the other good choices. All in all, I am very proud of myself.

Hopefully the scale will reward me more tomorrow at weigh in...although even if it doesn't I am still proud of my choices.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Brava! Its really hard to deny your favorite foods. You did good :)

Anonymous said...

Great going, Becki. It sure is hard to deny favorite foods, for sure. But I bet each time will be easier, especially when you see the rewards. Am proud of you!
Love, Grammy

Lindy said...

Wow, good job! I always end up eating too much at places like that. Awesome self-discipline, Becki!