Saturday, December 13, 2008

Snow, snow, snow

I love and hate snow. It is so beautiful and clean, but a pain to drive in.

I had a big Christmas party tonight down on Queen Anne that a girl in my community group is putting on with her roommates. Its a big swanky event.....its actually called The 4th Annual Swanky Christmas Party.

I got dressed up, really dressed up, and looked, well, hot! There was only an occasional flake or two when I left. I got there early because that is what I do. There were a few people there, but most didn't show until 7:30-8. Rodney played a few carols for background music, there was a ton of food, lots of company, and there is a white elephant exchange yet to come.

Anyway, it started snowing more....and more.....and then started sticking. I decided to leave around 8:30 simply because I don't know how my car handles in the snow. There wasn't much accumulation on the road, but I have about 1/4 in so far at home and its still coming down.

I'm sad I left the party so early... I probably could have stayed for another 1/2 hour or more, but I didn't want to chance it. So, I am now eating roast beef and about to watch a movie. I'm sad I'm missing out on the gift exchange and the carols :-(

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Um, you must provide a picture of your swanky self!

Jill aka neeuqpmats said...

Yeah for looking hot. Boo for snow making you leave before caroling and gifts!